Tuesday, January 31, 2006


I'm not speaking to my Little Cross blocks, and they're not saying anything to me either. I keep making suggestions, perhaps they would like to have navy sashings..no? Perhaps a double pink.. what about triple sashes, or a garden maze (getting desperate here) and still they just sit there, sulking and not being at all helpful. As I rely on my quilts to 'tell' me where we're going, you can see I haven't made any progress. Only what they DON'T want me to do.








So, seeing they are being so fickle, I'm rummaging around in my other UFO's. I store finished sets of blocks in large pizza boxes (bought new from the pizza shop, no recycling going on here) or in handy boxes that used to house two and a half doz. eggs. I like things to stack up nicely and match and the fact they were free was an added bonus.

I make lots of blocks with no real plan in mind, so I quite often end up with this problem of not really knowing where I'm going with a particular project. I think that's why I have so many UFO's; I'm waiting for a nudge in the right direction and sometimes nothing occirs to me.



It's much easier when I copy an antique quilt, or at least use it as a starting point; I've got something to refer back to.





This is a set of blocks that stewed and simmered for a couple of years until I decided what they were going to be. I chose border fabric for it today, so I might finish this top and banish the Little Cross beggars back to the egg box.


Ignore the overflowing rubbish bin, at least SOME of the snibbles aren't on the floor!

3 comments:

keryn January 31, 2006  

Are the dark setting triangles that floral I bought a bolt of at Troy? I would never have thought to do that with those blocks, it's wonderful!!!

Let those Little Cross blocks stew for a few more weeks, and then they'll get really jealous and demand to talk to you....

Lucy February 06, 2006  

This quilt stole my heart !!

Lucy February 06, 2006  

ps.. I love alos the star quilt behind. Can we see the whole quilt :c)

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP