Sunday, January 01, 2006

It's been a quiet day, spent at home on my own, reflecting on the start of another year and what I want to achieve during it. I've sorted some things, mulled over my projects and decided on a few resolutions to challenge myself - as one of those was creating a blog I've already made progress!

I live in a small country town, have three sons 23, 21 and 18 and tend to be a bit obsessive about quilting. When the boys were younger I made all their clothes and some of mine, but it's been years since I made a garment or even wanted to. After dozens of trackpants, shorts, t-shirts and windcheaters, not to mention callesthenics costumes and alterations for other people the only sewing I want to do is patchwork or quilting. I'm not apologetic about it, it's what get's me up in the morning and keeps me sane, and as long as I don't do it in the street and frighten the horses, I'm not hurting anyone, am I?

I'm also passionate about art, the countryside, animals, most music ( apart from jazz, it sets my teeth on edge) and my family. I have a twin sister who is to blame for the quilting obsession, but I've forgiven her for forcing me to help her with that first Double Irish Chain back in the dim '70's. I thought she was mad, but joining her in the insanity proved to be the best thing I ever did. Story of our lives, she leads, and I follow grumbling....

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP