Friday, April 21, 2006


I feel so guilty that I haven't posted for a while, but life is as hectic as you could imagine. There is some painting going on- the brown sample square has been voted blehhh and the wall may end up green, who knows. The rest of the room will stay cream, this is a very long sunroom built on to the main house and I think it needs to be light and airy. It's 32' 9" and 11'9" across, so it's going to take a lot of furniture to fill it up. The other end has a slow combustion stove, and we lit it and sat around it last night, after a busy day of shifting.






This is the fireplace in Mum's room, bit over the top do you think? Or just plain gorgeous.





















This is a small top I made from leftover strips that Keryn gave me. She usually passes on the bits and pieces that she's sick of, and I love getting parcels of scraps and strips to play with. I've got the backing and batting folded up with this and it would only take a few hours to quilt, but it will have to be after we've all settled in at the new place.








This is the side view of the house, I can just imagine sitting on the verandah, or on the bench under the tree, looking at the roses that line the path. I do love gardening and there's lots of scope for flower beds here, I can hardly wait.



3 comments:

The Calico Cat April 22, 2006  

It all looks lovely, the quilt, the space (I'd go with a green - celadon), the house...

Nines April 23, 2006  

The house is charming! Love the rich colors you are using. Very warm. There's nothing as exciting as a new house and making it a home. Putting yourself into it. Have fun!

Anonymous,  April 24, 2006  

Love the fireplace, love the quilt - what a great sister to have. Wish my sisters/aunts sewed. Love the house - that stone is just gorgeous - reminds me of Adelaide! The sunroom sounds like a great size for a sewing room LOL.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP