Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Devil's Claws had to be put on the backburner for a while.
I'm making a quilt for a customer and look what the kit contained- Chenille! I've never used this before, and it took ages to cut out the stack of bits you can see here. Fluff everywhere, a dull cutter blade and these tall stacks were the result of all my effort.

I like the effect of chenille, but I'm reserving judgement until I see how this goes . Some of the other material is on the thin side, and I don't know how they'll fit together.
Luckily it's a very easy pattern, but I have to be careful not to handle the shapes too much, or they start to fray.
And look at all the scraps! I'm going to have to do something with this lot, these kits are very expensive, so I might surprise the lady with a couple of cushions or a little throw quilt as an added bonus.
Yep. Need that wading pool.

5 comments:

Helen February 28, 2007  

The green fabric came already chenilled? I have never seen that before.

YankeeQuilter March 01, 2007  

I like the green color. I tried Chenille once to make a jacket for my neice...the pink fuzzy stuff covered my dog Macbeth and everything else in the room. I went back to flat cotton in a hurry!

Fiona March 02, 2007  

Pretty colours - but looks tricky to sew - especially if some of the pieces aren't chenille. It will be interesting to see how it sews up.

Carolyn March 03, 2007  

I can't wait to see how this quilt works up...I've seen quilts with chenille in catalogs but haven't known anyone who has worked with it. The puppy is growing so fast...how big will he get?

Unknown March 04, 2007  

That chenille fabric looks an absolute PIG to work with - Good Luck!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP