Monday, September 17, 2007

Today is the last day at Kayes and we're off to Rocky tonight. I've had a great time apart from an injury on the second day. I was binding a quilt and hit a dense patch of stitching and put more pressure on the needle than was wise. It shot through not only the material but my thumb as well. That hurt a bit!

This is an antique quilt of Kaye's, a strippy on one side and a gold wholecloth on the other. The quilt is quite thick and the stitches are large- four stitches to the inch but it's still beautifully done, and I'd love it to come home with me.This is the back of another antique wholecloth; I love examining these close up and getting a feel for the history of a piece.
This letter "M" came from a headstone in a local cemetary-do you think I could piece something like this for Tonya's class?

10 comments:

Anonymous,  September 17, 2007  

Please, please do the M. What fun it will be to see what you do with it!!

Carol E. September 17, 2007  

Oh, my.. 3 blogs in a row with owies. Yours isn't too debilitating, I hope. Love the M. Go for it!

Tonya Ricucci September 17, 2007  

gorgeous strippy quilt. oh yes, try that M - it would be marvelous.

Andrea September 17, 2007  

Ouch !! Beautiful quilts - could you sneak one into your bag - lol !

Donna September 17, 2007  

amazing what wonderful inspiration you can find in a cemetery isn't it :-)

Anonymous,  September 17, 2007  

ouch!
and yes, a marvelous inspiration for a wonky M!

meggie September 18, 2007  

Yowch! Hope it is better.
Love love that M.

Jenni September 18, 2007  

I feel the pain. Love the richness of that yellow in the strippy quilt.

Lynda (Granny K) September 19, 2007  

Ouch! I feel your pain! I'm always most bothered not to get blood on whatever i'm working on.

That is a lovely strippy quilt. Is it from Durham do you think?

Shelina September 21, 2007  

Ouch. I've heard that if you get blood on a quilt, you are attached to the recipient forever. That hand quilting looks incredible. I hope I remember to put it on some quilt. That M looks wonderful. You should definitely try to piece it.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP