Thursday, October 18, 2007

Waah, it seems like the Statler won't be here for another few weeks, so we've got more time to get organised than we thought. Not a bad thing, but I want to start Quilting!

I've been going through my stack of finished quilts, and found this Periwinkle and nine-patch that I did about eight years ago. It's only little, but I like the warm colours and the stars around the border.

Then I remembered that I'd made a blue and white version that had remained a top, so I dug that out to have a look. I collected a great many indigos for this, and I'm still trying to use them up years later. I do love blue and white though, so that's no great hardship!

I put an appliqued bud in the border, just to be a bit different. This can go on the Statler when it gets here and then they'll both be finished.
This morning I walked into my sewing room (I haven't been in there since I left for Sydney four weeks ago) and thought "Goodness! What on earth was I doing?" Actually, it was a bit more pithy than that, but I've censored it for the blog. I can't remember what projects I was working on, or where I was going with the blocks that are on the table, so I guess I have to try and familiarise myself with it all again.
While I was waiting for blogger to load some photos I doodled this cranky looking cat. (He's only an inch high, so excuse the quality; a photo quite enlarged!)
I wondered why, then thought "That's what I feel like! A cat with it's fur rubbed up the wrong way!" I need to get tidied up and sorted out and everything into place again, and then I'll feel as if I can go back to work.

So to help settle my fur, I got out my leader-enders and sewed some more little 5" blocks together....

I'm feeling much better now!

6 comments:

Harmany Quilting October 18, 2007  

Good things come to those who wait and those who wait get extrememly p***** off. Everything is looking so grand and exciting in your neck of the woods. Your newest piecing looks divine - you'll undoubtedly make another exquisite quilt. Blogless Kathy and I look forward to seeing you in November.

comicbooklady October 18, 2007  

I love the blue and white version, especially the buds in the corner! What a great idea!

Floss October 19, 2007  

I love the quilts in both colour versions. I really like the buds on the blue one.

It can be hard work out what you were doing when you haven’t been in the sewing room for a while.

sewprimitive karen October 19, 2007  

Love first the stars in the outer border, then the buds. They both look so good. Poor, poor kitty. You should draw a picture of how she looks after making those pretty blocks :-).

meggie October 19, 2007  

Well, yum yum & yum!
I love those little blocks with your leader enders. Love the quilts too of course.
I have to go & do some -gasp- cooking!

Lucy October 20, 2007  

What an inspiring blocks you made !

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP