Saturday, July 19, 2008

Matt and the dogs stayed in the other night and I introduced him to The Pioneer Woman Cooks site. We have some straggling jalopeno bushes still bearing a few chilis, so he decided to make Bacon Wrapped Jalopeno Thingies. Everything she says about them is true, they were so delicious we couldn't stop eating them. (If you like chilis, that is)

Macca thought they smelled pretty wonderful and did his best to get a taste, but we weren't going to waste them on him, because they were too hot for him to eat.
(Please excuse the dreadful photos, but the camera was on a strange setting and I didn't notice until it was too late. I thought I'd use them anyway, you'll get the idea)

Oh, the groans and moans and pleading that went on here! (And that was just me begging Matt for another one!) We felt really mean , and Matt gave him three doggy treats, but the smell of that bacon was irresistible.He was such a good boy, sitting up very straight and minding his manners (he'll never take food unless he's told he can have it), but nothing worked on us old stony-hearts.
PLEEEEEase!!!!!!!! *sigh*

5 comments:

Donna July 19, 2008  

very very funny.... I'm sure not for him though

Carol July 19, 2008  

He sure was trying hard...soooooo cute!

Anonymous,  July 19, 2008  

Please don't tell me you put the tray of food down by your dog, and tempted him the whole time? I'm sorry but I don't see the humor in this.

Henrietta July 22, 2008  

What a good boy him is! My Jack Russell Terriorists would have had the whole thing plate and all disappeared into a dark corner before you had time to sit down.

meggie July 22, 2008  

Leo has that kind of discipline. Though he can be naughty beyond belief in other ares, he is very good about taking or not taking, food. Honey is good, she just does her Meerkat impressions.. not always to good results. haha.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP