Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I've started a Scrappy Trip Around the World, using Bonnie's pattern, and as usual I think it's just great.
These blocks are so easy to whip up that I'm finding it hard to stop. I'm using deeper toned fabric, no lights and shirtings here, and it's going to be quite intense. I want to donate this one too, and thought it would be good for a guy quilt, not florally and sweet like the Scrappy Bargello.

I have the strip sets sewn for ten blocks and I intend to sew the last long seam to turn them into tubes and then leave them for a bit while I go on to other stuff.
I can slice them into 2 1/2" strips later and sew one block at a time when I feel like it, whenever I can.It's so annoying when you want to push on and finish a project and then other stuff, (like earning a living) gets in the way.

But I have twenty blocks finished or in construction, so the remains of this group of fabric can be packed away and the table cleared up, that always makes me feel good.

I quilted this little Log Cabin this week and the strips are 3/4" finished. I'm itching to start one of my own, this is the third one I've done for other people and I just love them.
This one has clever sashing to make those stars, a really cute idea and so effective.

2 comments:

Kerri March 24, 2011  

That looks like a fun one,, and I have lots of 2.5 strips! I love the star sashings for the log cabin. Those tiny 3/4 strips must look great. It's so nice to have you and Keryn posting again. We go into withdrawals for your inspiration out here in blog world!

Anne Simonot March 29, 2011  

I just made 35 of Bonnie's Trip around the World blocks too - haven't sewn them together yet. I used a lot of "ugly" bits of leftover fabrics but the blocks are awesome anyway. I found I didn't want to stop making them either! They were so addictive.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP