Friday, May 03, 2013

 Pippi is almost completely recovered now , and back to her happy goofy self. She spent a lot of time resting in the sunshine on the back verandah, reclining on her cane lounge like a proper invalid, but that's enough of that! The only things to remind her of her horrible experience are sore feet, an occasional tendency to stumble and a voracious appetite. She stands at her bowl wagging her tail back and forth- she's just so happy to be eating again!

It's coming up to Mother's Day and the chrysanthemums are flowering beautifully. I bought a heap last year, and have plans to get more next week , as long as they're not hideous colours or too shaggy and overblown.
 Usually they only flower once a year, but some of them kept blooming at odd times. They don't take much looking after, and I have plans for a big garden bed devoted solely to them. They make wonderful cut flowers, this weekend I'm going to fill the house with them.
I got  a parcel of fabric from America today, some gorgeous repros to keep me happy for a while.
No plans in particular for any of them, but I just couldn't go past this Jo Morton piece, and then I had to fill up the rest of the package...
And now it's nearly the weekend, after I finish a customer quilt, and my dog's happy again and I've got new fabric and I should be able to get some sewing done...things are looking up here!

4 comments:

tirane93 May 03, 2013  

hoorah for pippi! i've followed her on your blog for some time (oh and your quilts too of course!), and it was distressing to hear she'd fallen ill.

no more bees and toadstools for you miss dog!

trishie May 03, 2013  

So glad to hear Pippi is OK now. It is so distressing when pets get sick because they can't tell us what's wrong. My dog Frankie was really lethargic a couple of days ago and was walking really slowly - not at all her usual self. I was going to take her to the vet first thing in the morning but she suddenyl bounced back! Not complaining but still wondering what happened exactly...

PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

Brenda May 04, 2013  

All is good. Excellent news.

Angie May 09, 2013  

Really, such good news about Pippi. :) Love those repro fabrics you purchased recently. :p

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP