Friday, July 05, 2013

one more...

 I found twelve of these blocks in my drawer, the leftovers from a much larger top that I set with green fabric. I've just spent a fruitless half hour searching my blog, and then my photos trying to find a reference to this, and it seems I never even took photos of it. So I can't show you that at the moment.

There was a post about making the blocks here, and coincidentally there are the beginnings of my little cross blocks too! It's only taken four and a half years to get those finished....
I did try to use just two fabrics in each block, I love that flat, cutout look,
but I couldn't resist the scrappy variety ones;  they were so much fun to do, and used up lots of smaller scraps. I love this block sooo much, it's the same as the brown top I finished in February this year and I'm still not sick of making them. I had to replace one block that had a too-dark background, and all I want to do is cut out more.

The  antique quilt I based it on was set like this, just lots of cream, and the blocks floating in it. I was always slightly dissatisfied with the first top  I made and now I've got this little cot size version that stays true to the original. Another top to add to the pile....

3 comments:

Jan July 05, 2013  

Goosetracks was my second quilt, handpieced in blue and white. It's a great block!

Karen July 05, 2013  

You have a magical drawer!

Sue SA July 06, 2013  

Green and cream is such a lovely soft colour combination, it makes a lovely cot quilt. Hope you have a reason to quilt it one day soon.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP