Wednesday, December 03, 2014

I thought I would be clever and include a little twist to my piano key border by adding a 2' by 2 1/2'  strip to the top of each 2 1/2" by 5 1/2" 'key'.  That sewed up really quickly, and I was congratulating myself on doing something a little different...when I came to a screaming halt at the corners.


I hadn't worked out what to do when the little bits met, because I'd need a 2' square to make the border turn the corner....hmmm.

I often just run the border off the side in a butt joint, but that didn't look very nice with this configuration of strips, so I had to figure out a little block in keeping with the look of the rest of the piecing.



Back to the piles of green still on the cutting table, new 2" strips cut, and I had this little filler block whipped up.

 Then off to the sewing machine to get these borders sewn on; photos of the finished top in the next post....
.

4 comments:

Karen December 03, 2014  

The corner filler block is a very good solution to the problem.

Sue SA December 04, 2014  

That is an awesome corner block for a great scrappy pieced border...I will be borrowing this idea one day!

Nancy December 04, 2014  

That’s a great piano key border. I like your corner solution.

Jackie at Adirondack Urban December 04, 2014  

Love that corner block! Great idea!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP