Tuesday, February 02, 2016


We have a friend who is a dealer in all sorts of things, and if he ever comes across sewing related items he usually passes them on to us. Recently he gifted me a bundle of old fat quarters, many of them fabrics that I'd cleared out of my stash years ago. Obviously someone else had kept them in their collection for twenty odd years too. The material was good quality, so they were put away, perhaps for a scrappy backing.

When I looked at the pattern for Scrappy Mountain Majesties I realised that Bonnies large quilt was made in similar blues and greens, so I pulled the bundle out and decided to use them straight away and not let them sit around for another decade or so. I added a few fabrics from my stash, like the greens above and started cutting those 8 1/2" squares and slicing them in half.


I sewed all the triangles one night, then trimmed them the next day and cut them into strips. The pattern is so blindingly easy that pretty soon I had enough to make the lap size quilt, and now I'm debating on whether I want to cut more fabric and make it bigger.
Talk about easy, and you don't have to match anything up, which is a bonus.

I like the zigzag setting, but I'm going to play around with some of the other ideas in Bonnie's pattern to see what else I can come up with.


I thought the top would be pretty insipid and dull, but I'm really liking the overall effect.

I'm off to see if I can pull some more fabrics from the stash, and start cutting squares again.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP